Front End Web Developer Job Specification
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer to help us build the next big one-stop shop for chic wardrobe staples. As our front-end developer, your role will involve creating and maintaining customer themes and implementing the front-end for new functionality.
The right candidate will be excited to join a fast-growing womenswear brand and be eager to get involved! We’re a scrappy team that’s redefining what women wear and how they buy it. If that sounds exciting, let’s talk!
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail and professional. Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things. A team player who is proud of your work and wants to share with everyone! You like working in a fast-paced environment and are driven by the desire to improve the online purchasing experience for everyone, no matter what they are buying and from where!
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and improve the website and supporting systems.
- Maintain and develop new features for the website.
- Keep abreast of current best practice in web development and integrate them with your work.
- The ability to learn new technologies and a willingness to continually develop your skillset.
- Full website audit to identify fixes and improvements to the; ux, site speed, & code.
- Plan, implement and maintain technical projects, occasionally working to short deadlines.
- Working with the Ecommerce manager to drive forward the online experience, helping contribute to improved UX, conversion rates and sales.
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of Shopify and experience with Ruby (Liquid).
- A good knowledge and experience with HTML and CSS.
- The ability to take wireframe designs and execute a website/landing page either from scratch or modifying existing templates that are available.
- A good understanding of how to use Adobe software including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of Github (bonus).
- Experience migrating onto new platforms (bonus)
Place of work: Loughton, Essex (nearest tube is Debden on Central Line)
Job Type: Part-time (2 days per week)
To apply email gabriella@neverfullydressed with a Covering Letter and CV attached with the Subject Line "Front End Web Developer".
If this position receives high volumes of applications, we reserve the right to close this advert earlier than stated, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.